Talk

Advanced search

Combination feedING advice

(3 Posts)
Nottalotta Sun 14-May-17 13:04:12

Ds2 is 3 months old, was ebf with a bottle of ebm at bedtime. I've recently changed this bottle to formula as wasn't able to express as much as he wants. Husband gives the bottle while I put ds1 to bed.

He currently has around 5 Oz and finishes it often, and will sleeper around 8pm til 3-4am. At which point my boobs are on the verge of exploding.

He obviously wants to feed a lot during the day, I think to make up for the 'missed' night feeds.

I'm wondering if giving the bottle in this was will affect my supply as he's not bf for up to ten hours at night. Saying that, if he doesn't have the bottle and bf instead, he still sleeps well.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 20-May-17 21:26:28

Not sure on that one sorry. Hopefully someone will be along soon who knows smile

Pixie2015 Sat 20-May-17 21:32:30

My dc2 is 6m and we do the same without any supply issues - happy to feed when he wants - a bottle at night gives me time to put dc1 to bed and have a bath - found expressing for bottle tying and he seems to enjoy his formula x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now