Talk

Advanced search

What am I doing wrong??

(4 Posts)
babyblab Thu 11-May-17 21:13:12

My 3 month old is a real snacker. Never takes the second boob at a feed and won't take more than 3oz from a bottle, in fact usually stops after 2oz. I decided to note her feeds today and this is how it went:

7.30 2oz
10am feed
11.10 feed
11.30 small feed to sleep
1.15 feed
3pm 1oz
3.45 feed
4.30 feed to sleep (not small!)
5.45 feed
7.20 feed
8.45 2-3oz
9pm feed to sleep

She is number 4 and although the others always fed often, this is taking the piss! Id love to stretch her a bit between feeds to see if she'd take more but can't not feed her when she's crying. She won't take a soother (yet, I keep trying!!!). She usually goes down around 9/10 pm for the night and wakes at 1.30 for a feed and then around 5am and can feed on and off then til we get up.

Any tips?!

Coconut0il Sat 13-May-17 11:47:33

No tips but I don't think you're doing anything wrong, it's just the way she is smile My DS2 was similar, feed, 5/10 minutes off then back on the boob. He was almost constantly attached for the first few months. Going longer between feeds just happened as he got older.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 13-May-17 19:01:38

Again, don't think you are doing anything wrong. When she's doing the short feeds frequently, have you tried putting her in a sling?

ThinkOfAWittyNameLater Sat 13-May-17 19:08:56

Another who thinks this sounds fairly normal. She is getting the right amount, just taking a bit at a time. She will probably settle a bit more in the next few months.
In the meantime sling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now