Talk

Advanced search

Cows Milk Protein Allergy

(3 Posts)
Pregnantmumma123 Mon 08-May-17 15:48:39

Hi,

I have two boys - nearly 3 yr old and 6 week old....
I'm at my wits end.
My 6 week old has cows milk protein allergy and severe reflux. We are on nutramigen AA (amino acid formula) and ranitidine and still having issues 😞 He cries for up to two hours after a bottle and each feed just rolls into the next. He comfort feeds, has disturbed naps through the day, fusses when feeding and night feeds are long and unsettled. Hes under the care of the paediatricians at the hospital now after going to A&E after the screaming got too intense and he was moved onto the dairy free nutramigen. Things have improved since this but still so unsettled, they won't change anything until we have trialled the nutramigen for 4 weeks - another whole week to go and I can't see that far away right now.

Obviously my eldest has been used to having my full attention and is now getting absolutely none of it, I have to make his lunch the night before as I simply don't have time during the day. I feel like I can't leave the house, the baby is either crying or feeding and my my toddler acts up too. His behaviour is awful, he's also recently made a habit of getting up in between the baby's feeds and then up for the day at 5.30am. I'm exhausted, I feel like I'm getting no help for my baby who is clearly still struggling and I don't quite know what to do or how to manage 🙁 Anyone any experience of nutramigen AA or neocate (which will be the next one we try....?)

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 10-May-17 13:53:32

Oh @Pregnantmumma123 that sounds really hard, for all of you. When is your next appointment with the Paed?

Have you got a sling? Just thinking yiu could put LO in a sling, he'd probably still cry but at least it would free up your hands for things like making lunch or reading a book to DS1.

Have you tried posting on the allergy board too? I think you may get a few more replies thanks

MuMuMuuuum Wed 10-May-17 14:05:30

Hi

Gosh you poor thing sounds very hard.

DD is on Similac Alimentum. She was previously on Neocate. As I understand it Neocate is the most extreme, then Similac, then Nutramigen. She has egg allergy and dairy intolerance. Has the allergy been confirmed via blood test? If not push for a paediatric allergist.

My DD was the same in agony and crying 24/7. Few days on Neocate she was a different baby. Moved onto Similac as Neocate is so extreme there was no place for us to "go" beyond it.

We had to self fund Neocate but we can get Similac on prescription. It's very expensive £50 ish for a tiny tin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now