Talk

Advanced search

Pain while expressing, could it be thrush?

(2 Posts)
Alb1 Fri 28-Apr-17 20:11:20

I'm exclusively expressing milk as my baby is premature and is tube fed, my right nipple has always hurt when I express, feels kind of bruised, but it's getting worse and I now get a lot of stabbing pains and a sensation that my nipple is leaking even though it's not. Started getting stabbing pains in my other breast now too.

Is it normal? Or could it be thrush? When I google the symptoms seem to fit with thrush but as I'm not actually breast feeding I don't no if it could be thrush. Is there anything I can do to help it?

MoodyOne Sat 29-Apr-17 00:28:41

Hi! As far as I am aware thrush just comes when it is damp and warm, so no need to actually be BF ...
I would go to the doctors to be safe , you LO may need to be treated as i was told it can spread through your milk.
I spend about an hour each day going without a bra to get some fresh air to them and try and let them air dry as much as possible after expressing.
Make sure you sterilise everything and iron your bras (wash clothes at 70 to be safe)

It's awful so I hope you feel better soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now