Talk

Advanced search

Mix feeding older babies

(2 Posts)
Hottoddy1 Fri 28-Apr-17 16:55:07

Looking for people with experience of mixing formula and BF once baby is a bit older. I have a 6 mo DS old who has always been BF + bit of food now and I'm going back to work 3 days a week next week. I have been introducing bottles of formula during the day for the last week and he's taking more each day. I started getting off getting quite engorged boobs but that seems to have settled and I'm trying to not BF him during the day and pretty much there just once at 4.30pm today with 260mls of formula drunk + food. (I'm still BFing morning and evening and usually twice a night). My question is do I need to stop BF altogether in the daytime now? Or will I still be able to BF baby on days I am not working or will I not have enough supply for that? I've read quite contrasting things about this so just wondering what peoples experiences are. I'm not really keen to express at work though.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 29-Apr-17 16:46:34

Mine were about 9 months when I went back for 2 days a week. I did bf in the day on the days I was home but it did take a few weeks for my boobs to settle on the days I worked. Have you spoken to a BFC? She should be able to give you the correct information smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now