Talk

Advanced search

warming expressed bottle at night in bedroom

(5 Posts)
MuvaWifey77 Wed 26-Apr-17 11:44:02

Could anyone please give me some advice ,
so I intend to express milk during the day and store it for night feed, I did this with my first baby, but that was 7 years ago and I lived in a small house I could walk to fridge and get the bottle and warm it up ,feed him ,change him and go back to bed. The problem I'm having now is that I don't want to interrupt this ritual I have , I don't speak to baby at night, I don't turn lights completely , I don't want to walk 3 floors down to my kitchen to warm up my bottles, that would break my routine , I want to be able to warm it up and have the bottles in my bedroom . Can anyone advise me on how to do that? Use electrical warmer and small fridge to store it just for the night after I've gone into bedroom , so could leave it in kitchen fridge during day ? Is that possible ? any other ways I could do this so I don't have big appliances In bedroom? Does anyone who bottle feed at night from expressed stored milk can shed a light on this situation and let me know how you do it ? Or just ideas in general . Thanks . Xxx

arbrighton Wed 26-Apr-17 14:17:04

In fridge during day, then pop into a lunchbox sized cool box.

Thermos of hot water and jug to warm.

Stay low tech

MuvaWifey77 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:36:59

Thanks smile I think I'm panicking over very little. Just not prepared for this second one 😬

helenfagain Wed 26-Apr-17 20:41:13

I used pre made bottles served at room temp. Expensive but no hassle. My ds would drink expressed breast milk straight from the fridge though. He was too impatient to wait!

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Thu 27-Apr-17 13:58:18

I'd definitely see if he will take it unwarmed. My DD has never been fussy about the temperature of expressed milk and is happy to take it straight from the fridge or at room temperature. I've never bothered warming it for her! You could then just keep it in a cool bag by the bed (although even that might not be necessary as I think expressed milk should be OK at room temperature for a few hours).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now