Talk

Advanced search

Meals for 15 month old

(9 Posts)
SarcasmMode Sun 23-Apr-17 19:44:25

Any meal suggestions for my DD2?

She refuses to be fed - so need good food suggestions for her for all meals.
Thanks.

TittyGolightly Sun 23-Apr-17 19:45:20

Why can't she eat what you eat?

skyzumarubble Sun 23-Apr-17 19:48:09

Whatever you eat!

WheresTheEvidence Sun 23-Apr-17 19:52:03

Of course she's refusing to be fed she's a toddler who can eat family meals.

In the last week we have had pancakes, omelette, beans and toast, risotto, lasagna, jacket potato with tuna and sweetcorn, fish pie, shepherds pie, roast dinner. All of which he hasaid eaten with a spoon by himself.

MakingBaconPancakes Sun 23-Apr-17 19:56:27

Pieces of chicken cut up
small cheese sandwiches
babycorn (a new fav of my son)

Or I just make myself a bowl of food all cut up and feed myself one spoon, then DS one spoon. He loves it. Also maybe give her a spoon so she can 'feed' you.

our life is based on food!

LauraPalmersBodybag Sun 23-Apr-17 20:00:57

Unfortunately not all kids will eat what you eat. My dd doesn't and we tried for a long time - we share as many meals as possible but she has her own taste which isn't always ours.

Breakfast is either porridge, weetabix or toast, often a handful of raisins and a cup of cows milk.

Tried and tested lunches and dinners: cheese and carrot muffins, pitta and humus,
spaghetti bolognaise, roasted sweet potatoes, fish fingers, cheese and grated
apple on toast, veggie pancakes, steamed batons of carrots, peas, sweetcorn, chunks of cheese and oatcakes, cucumber on a good day.

She also has plain live yoghurt, lots of fruit, organix flapjacks as snacks.

I intersperse this with tastes of what I'm eating and eat with her where possible.

I find the River Cottage cookbook for babies and toddlers good for recipes that adults can actually enjoy as well - all of the other baby led weaning ones we're pretty rubbish.

missm0use Sun 23-Apr-17 20:02:45

Whatever you're eating!!

SarcasmMode Sun 23-Apr-17 21:14:15

Oh she does eat what we eat but in typical toddler fashion about 5% get ate the rest on the floor.

I guess I'm looking for meals for us all to have that will be easy for her to feed herself.

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 24-Apr-17 10:29:38

What does she like? My DD isn't keen on anything dry so don't really have things like roast dinners any more. She prefers things with rice, pasta, cous cous, mash. We have a lot of chillis (meat and veg), curries, risottos, bolognese, shepherds pie, soups, chicken in sauces, tagines, stews, etc. I tend to use the recipes in the BLW cookbook for a lot of our meals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now