Talk

Advanced search

14 week old

(7 Posts)
Hopeful16 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:25:05

So my 14 week old has suddenly decided that her bottle is the enemy. She's on comfort milk and using Dr Brown bottles for colic and constipation. The smaller ones seemed to be blocking a little so we've bought the larger ones and new teats (number 2s cos the milk is thicker) and she is just crying through most feeds and seems to be hurting from trapped wind.

Been out today and bought number 3s to see if that helped but gave up after a feed and a half.

Any ideas please lovely ladies as this is now stressing me out.

Blossom789 Sun 23-Apr-17 03:45:45

Not overly familiar with formula and teets etc but if you've changed bottles and she's struggling can you change back to the slower flow teet? Will it come out with the different milk? I assume you can mix and match big bottle with slow teet??

Laineymc7 Sun 23-Apr-17 04:17:14

My little one had colic for the first 12 weeks. At the beginning I used the colief drops in the formula which helped but I'm not sure you'd need them with the comfort milk as it's also low in lactose. Grip water also helped after feeding. This helped with tummy pains. I found infacol half an hour before a feed also helped bring up the wind. I use hipp organic milk it seems easy for my little one to digest. If your little one is really bad a cranial osteopath can help. I hope things settle down soon.

Hopeful16 Sun 23-Apr-17 04:21:11

Thanks - Infacol is the reason why she's on the comfort milk as it made her constipated.

Only changed the bottles as the crying started so not sure changing back will help.

Starting to dread feed times.

MiniMaxi Sun 23-Apr-17 05:00:43

Could it be silent reflux?

Symptoms include crying at feeds, acidic smell on breath, gurgling tummy, frequent hiccups - there are more and not every baby has all of them

Have a chat with your GP and see if you can try a ranitidine prescription (baby Zantac)

sphinxster Sun 23-Apr-17 05:13:29

DS refused bottles from about 3 months. We tried different formulas, different bottles, different teats, different milk temperatures, different places to feed him, different ways to hold him, but he just wouldn't take his bottles. Our paediatrician had us wean him early in the end (at 4 1/2 months) and we put milk in his food.

It's a nightmare when they stop feeding. I hope your little one isn't as stubborn as ours and starts feeding soon.

sphinxster Sun 23-Apr-17 05:17:45

Sorry, I forgot to add...

DD is 2 months and was on comfort formula with dr brown bottles. She had number 3 teats because it's a bit of a thicker formula and was struggling to get anything out. We also find it goes down better when it's warmed. She's now on anti-reflux formula which is like soup!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now