Talk

Advanced search

Diarrhoea in 2 month old

(5 Posts)
babyblabber Mon 17-Apr-17 19:10:54

Hi all.

DC4 is 10 weeks. Mostly breastfed but has had a few oz of formula a day from the start and has about 4-7 oz split over two bottles at the moment. Giving her aptimal as used that with the others.

For the last two weeks her poo had been pure liquid. Really yellow too. I know it should be loose but this is about as thick as milk.

Nothing in my (fairly crap!) diet has changed. Every now and then she does a tiny poo that's a little more normal, thicker & a bit grainy, so I keep thinking its getting better. She seems totally fine and is putting on weight but it's just going on so long I'm beginning to get worried.

tiktok Mon 17-Apr-17 20:27:30

This is something to check with your HV, babyblabber. In a healthy baby who's thriving, it sounds like nothing to be concerned about, and may well be related to the Aptamil (which has probiotics in, which have been associated with very loose poo). But check with the HV.

babyblabber Tue 18-Apr-17 09:43:18

Thanks tiktok, will do

reallyanotherone Tue 18-Apr-17 09:51:11

Have you breastfed before?

Bf poo is really runny. If you've always ff it can be a bit of a shock at first. My mum, a militant ff, thought there was something very wrong and spent the entire 6m nagging me to take dc to the dr, as "it shouldn't be like that". No matter how often i explained that bf poo is different to ff.

Dc2 could squirt liquid poo about 4ft on a good day.

The mix feeding could contribute. Some babies systems take a while to adapt to different milk.

Proper diarrhoea in such young babies is a medical emergency as they dehydrate very quickly. So if yours is gaining weight and thriving it doesn't sound like diarrhoea.

babyblabber Tue 18-Apr-17 12:45:16

Yeah breastfed all of them so this is my 4th time. I expect runny but it's just pure liquid. I don't remember the others having such runny poo but I guess it's the kind of thing that changes a lot when they're little and their developing so much so I could have forgotten! It certainly smells like normal BF poo. She's thriving and it's been going on for two weeks so I'm not hugely worried. In for vaccinations tomorrow so will discuss it with the nurse then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now