Talk

Advanced search

Should I let my 8 week old go 12 hours without a feed.

(5 Posts)
IzziesMummy1 Sun 16-Apr-17 09:41:20

I have been blessed with a little girl who loves sleep as much as me. At the 6 week check the HV said not to wake her in the night because she will wake me. Since then she has been sleeping for longer stretches during the night. Now I put her to bed at 9 and she wakes up at 8/9. During the day I'm now feeding her 180ml of milk every 3 hours to make up for her missed bottle. It doesn't feel right letting her go for so long without a bottle. Does anyone think that I should be waking her up still.

Whatsername17 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:03:25

If she was hungry she would wake. The next growth spurt will change this sleeping pattern. As long as her weight is fine and she is producing wet and dirty nappies then just go with her.

Mummytobe11 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:03:48

My little girl slept through my 4 weeks old, she's 14 weeks now and is growing fine (she's still asleep now).

AssassinatedBeauty Sun 16-Apr-17 10:27:45

If she's otherwise ok (lots of wet/dirty nappies) and is putting on weight ok then I would carry on as you are. You are responding to her, and if she's ok sleeping through then that's fine.

HomityBabbityPie Sun 16-Apr-17 10:29:07

She'll wake if she's hungry. Mine slept through at 8 weeks then at four months started waking every hour and we've only just got him sleeping through again (he's a year!!) so I'd say enjoy it while it lasts!! I wish I had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now