Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime bottle

(6 Posts)
beanie84 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:48:42

Hi there, I'm in need of some advice.

My DD turned one at the beginning of April. A couple days before we stopped breastfeeding. It happened naturally dropping feeds gradually.
At about 10 months she found one of those free Nuk bottles you get from the baby show and was playing around with it, so we gradually started giving her a little cows milk after bath time so by the time I wanted to stop breastfeeding the cows milk in the bottle replaced it nicely.

I know everyone goes on about getting the bottle out the way as soon as possible for attachment and dental reasons.

But my thoughts are:
During the day she drinks water from normal cups/360cups/tomee tipee cups/straw style cups.
Her comforter is a cuddly monkey and her thumb.
The Nuk teat is orthodontist recommended and mimics a nipple to prevent any dental problems.
It's one feed a day at bed.

We got her the learner cup by Nuk she went to take it fine no problems but it doesn't come out as quickly and she doesn't drink the whole thing. Tonight I just switched back to the original quicker flowing teat and she guzzled it down.
Does the teat matter if it's one drink in a 'big girl' style cup with handles for her to hold?

I'm getting in a bit of a pickle and don't know if it is something to fret over or not.
Opinions welcome smile

Heirhelp Wed 12-Apr-17 22:16:17

I believe the biggest concern is if she brushes her teeth after her last bottle.

fabulous01 Wed 12-Apr-17 22:24:53

I don't think one bottle a day is a problem
And with teeth make sure the toothpaste is high ppm or fluoride. I find the cheap ones are better which is surprising

beanie84 Thu 13-Apr-17 09:04:35

Yes we do teeth last thing.
Thank you smile

beanie84 Thu 13-Apr-17 09:05:22

We use Colgate or that little teeth one which I think is Aquafresh?

Whatsername17 Sat 15-Apr-17 19:06:36

Do not even second guess yourself. The bottle is fine until she drops that feed or is old enough to choose a bedtime cup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now