Talk

Advanced search

4 month old refusing bedtime bottle

(5 Posts)
EmilyDiCiacca Wed 12-Apr-17 09:51:04

Help!!!! My 4 month old has always been a fussy feeder, breastfeeding only worked for 6 weeks then bottles was better but she really doesn't take much milk at all, 20oz per day!! She refuses to have a bottle after bath & just screams to the point I just put her to bed but then she wakes up several times in the night, I can't sleep train her as she doesn't take enough milk for me not to feed her through the night - any suggestions at all? I've tried feeding her in different places, before bath time everything but just no hmm

Whatsername17 Wed 12-Apr-17 13:50:38

It's still very normal for a 4 month old to be waking several times at night. You could try waiting until she is asleep then giving her a dream feed or just giving the bottle before the bath. I find playing white noise helps to calm dd2 after a bath (she loves the bath but hates getting out). I use the baby sleep sounds app. 4 months is way too young for sleep training.

NutellaCookie Wed 12-Apr-17 17:32:13

What formula are you giving her? My 4 month old is extremely fussy, seems to hate milk. For the past few weeks she has been taking 4 Oz per feed instead of the 6 she was taking. HV no real help, told me to go with baby's needs.

DH suggested swapping formula and after a bit of research we settled on HIPP organic.

She had been on it since Monday and seems to be enjoying it. DD is now draining 6oz every feed and is much more relaxed during the feed.

I initially scoffed at DH's suggestion of her not liking Aptamil but it seems he was right. Maybe trying an alternative brand is worth a go?

Heirhelp Wed 12-Apr-17 20:49:13

My DD has not had milk before bed since at least 4 months. She wakes once a night for milk now and has just turned 11 months.

If she does not want it before bed I would assume she is not hungry. It is perfectly normal for babies to wake during the night for milk. It is not the norm for them to sleep through the night.

Chamomiletea Wed 12-Apr-17 21:34:21

I'm not sure how it works with formula but my BF son would only feed in a dark quiet room then at one point I could only feed him while he was asleep..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now