Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding gone backwards

(2 Posts)
guinea36 Wed 12-Apr-17 08:02:39

Hi
My baby is almost six weeks. We've been feeding really well up until this point with lots of dirty nappies etc and good weight gain.
The last week or so has been a nightmare though and things don't look like they are improving.
Every time we feed after about 15 minutes she will start yanking and tearing at my breast which is making me really sore. Last week I Developed mastitis which was caught early on and was given antibiotics - however the yanking and squirming was going on before that. My nipples are so sensitive now it hurts when I get dressed! I take her off and latch her on to make sure she gets the hind milk and until the breast is soft, then I swap sides where the same pattern occurs.
I try really hard to get the latch right and when I do things are a bit easier so I think it may be connected to that. Also one breast, the non mastitis side is a bit easier than the other but still a struggle.But despite me doing all the tummy to mummy, nose to Nipple routine and leading with the chin etc, I still don't get a perfect latch most of the time. It doesn't hurt exactly but it's not incredibly comfy and her upper lip is not flayed. Some of the issue is the fact that her arms are in the way and she is grabbing with her hands so it's hard to see what I'm doing. She's akso v strong! To make matters worse she's started bringing up a lot of the feed each time in the last day.
I'm really not enjoying feeding any more.
I'm actually now at the point of considering struggling through until she gets her jabs and switching to formula - although I'm going to try to make it to a bf support group today for help.
Any ideas on what the problem might be and where I'm going wrong?

Whatsername17 Wed 12-Apr-17 13:44:49

Is three ant chance you both have thrush?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now