We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

BF snacker and bottles

(3 Posts)
babyblabber Mon 10-Apr-17 14:34:17

DD3 is 2 months and I want to move her on to bottles. She's had one a day from early on and has no problem drinking from the bottle but will never take more than 2oz/60mls.

It's like clockwork every time, that is the cut off point. She's fed on demand and like my other 3, she's a total snacker, feeds at least every 2 hours although might go 3-3.5 at night.

She's on 2-3 bottles a day now for the last week or so but no matter what I do she'll only take 2oz and she'll almost always breastfeed within an hour so I know she's not full. She'll only take warm bottles so if I give her 2oz and then try again 30 mins later the bottle is too cold and she won't even try.

She's big too, 9lbs 2 at birth and over 11lbs at her last weigh in a few weeks ago.

Ideally I'd like to keep breastfeeding at night but apart from going cold turkey and giving up BF completely I'm not sure how to get her to take more formula during the day and cut out the breastfeeds.

Any ideas?

Whatsername17 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:13:15

I think 2 oz per feed is about right for her age. My dd2 is 11 weeks and also bf. She has one bottle a day of ebm or occasionally formula and takes between 2 and 3oz.

Whatsername17 Mon 10-Apr-17 19:14:54

Also, she might not like the taste of formula.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now