Talk

Advanced search

Sudden severe constipation at 5 months (FF)

(3 Posts)
Unihorn Sat 08-Apr-17 18:15:16

My daughter is 20 weeks and formula fed (Hipp) we've not had any problems since she was a few weeks old. She used to have one dirty nappy every 2 days but the past two weeks it's changed to every 5 days. She screams for an hour every time and it's almost solid. I've had to put some orange juice or prune juice in water three times to get anything to come out. I do massage, cycling legs etc but nothing helps. She doesn't seem dehydrated.

I'm confused as to why this would suddenly happen as she's not BF so there's been no change in diet, and I always make formula up the same.

The HV said to give her water often but she just dribbles it all out. She also said we could try weaning​ early as she's past 17 weeks. Has anyone got any suggestions of any techniques or food (other than prunes!) that may help?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 08-Apr-17 19:00:32

Could you add a little extra water to the formula? It may give some advice on adding extra water on the carton.

Personally I wouldn't try introducing solids as this often adds to the constipation.

Unihorn Mon 10-Apr-17 10:55:23

I have given that a go but still no luck sadly. Her temps gone up to 37 today when it's consistently 36.4 and it's now been two and a half weeks of constipation so I'm assuming I may be best getting her checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now