Talk

Advanced search

How long will I produce milk for if she keeps saying No?

(5 Posts)
NorfolksGiven Thu 06-Apr-17 20:33:30

Dd is 22 m and for the past week has said 'No!' to her usual evening feed. I don't try and force her so she's been going without quite happily.

However, I think this is just a phase as she shouts no! to everything for fun and reactions so may want to go back to it.

How long will I have before I stop producing any milk? I don't express and have been feeding once daily since approx 16 mo.

Thanks smile

Blossom789 Sat 08-Apr-17 06:23:22

Can't help with how long your milk will last- but I assume there are no set rules and it's individual. Sounds like DD has self weaned, I would think that even if it was a phase she would have had one feed as much of it is comfort rather than calorific value at this point.

I imagine it's hard to think she's had her last feed and you didn't know that was the last.

user1474439326 Sat 08-Apr-17 08:36:50

I stopped on Mother's Day and I still have it coming! So at least two weeks! X

NorfolksGiven Sat 08-Apr-17 11:41:41

That's true Blossom, if I had known which feed was the last I'd have sobbed all the way through it grin

Although it might not be quite over. She says No! to everything atm just because she can!

Thanks user grin

Blossom789 Sat 08-Apr-17 17:50:57

I hope she says just for a fond farewell!! Could you hand express a little if you get worried about supply? I find the pumps all a bit harsh but hand express would be gentle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now