Talk

Advanced search

15 week old seems to be not feeding properly

(6 Posts)
AmyZak Thu 06-Apr-17 16:21:38

Hi mummies. I'm new to all this but just wanting some advice or tips. My lg is 15 weeks and the past few weeks she has not been very interested with some of her feeds. I have just upped her to 6oz and she's on teat 2, but only ever seems to take 4 or 5oz. I got her weighed the other day at the weigh in clinic and she is putting the weight on, but I'm just getting concerned. The health visitor told me to try her on a different milk formula, but she was on Aptamil when she was first born and it made her constipated so now she is on SMA, she also said that 3-4 months old babies have a growth spurt but she doesn't seem to be drinking full bottles if she's supposedly having a growth spurt. I have also taken her to the GP and they don't seem that concerned. She has roughly about 600-700mls a day. Does anyone have any advice or tips for me or where I'm going wrong? Sometimes I feel health visitors and GPs don't really help as some can't relate if they haven't had a baby themselves. Thank you. First time mummy to Isla Maria 💗

Whatsername17 Thu 06-Apr-17 16:47:36

My dd1 never finished a bottle. She would take an ounce at a time. I think the m9st she ever took in one go was 4oz - even at 6 months. I worried but it was just how she ate. She is 5 now and super healthy. Try not to worry.

dementedpixie Thu 06-Apr-17 16:52:10

If she's putting on weight and is happy enough between feeds then trust her to take what she wants. What weight is she?

AmyZak Thu 06-Apr-17 17:05:04

Thank you. As a first time mummy you just seem to worry. She's 12lb 10oz

Blossom789 Sat 08-Apr-17 06:32:38

Hi, I'm bf so can't offer any words of wisdom about bottles, however I find gp and hv always ask is baby gaining weight and are you getting wet and dirty nappies- if the answers are yes they're not bothered. Usually we (first time mums) just need to talk it through and reassuring but that seems to have got lost in the system somewhere - think we're supposed to raise our children via google these days! Moan over!

Sounds like your little one is doing well, try not to analyse why the feeds are different, I'm sure they'll soon change back again.

My DS is 11 weeks and has really increased his meals this week- I assume it's the growth spurt. - I think you'll know when it's a growth spurt. I can't see why you'd change brands of milk at this point - sounds like it's working for you. My DS has started to get really interest in what's around him so when feeding in public or busy places he's looking and feeds are short. If DS is sinilar, try feeding in same place when at home to prevent distractions.

LittleBelle90 Mon 10-Apr-17 22:14:06

My LB was the same. When he goes through growth spurts he doesn't take as much formula and likes to sleep a lot. He wasn't a big milk drinker anyway and very rarely took 7oz bottles. He's 7m nearly so am in the process of weaning but only takes 4/5oz now at feeds.
If you LG is gaining weight and producing plenty of wet and dirty nappies I wouldn't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now