Talk

Advanced search

New front teeth - ouch. What to do?

(5 Posts)
Highlove Tue 04-Apr-17 09:30:57

So I'm not sure what, if anything, I can do about this. DD2 is almost 8 months and milk-wise is still EBF. Her top teeth have come through in the last few weeks and suddenly feeding - which had been perfect - is really hurting.

She's basically grazing me and often when she comes off there are indentations from her little teeth. Ouch. One side's actually been opened up and a bit bloody. What to do?

I really want to keep feeding till she's one-ish but I can't cope with this for months. Latch seems good and hasn't been a problem before this. I've tried moving her to different positions but it just slightly moves the problem. I don't remember this with DD1. Any ideas?

Highlove Tue 04-Apr-17 13:52:44

Anyone?

JavaFee Tue 04-Apr-17 13:59:30

Bumping it up for you - the same is about to happen for us ( DD2 is 7 mo ) so I would love to know how to prevent problems! With DD1 it wasn't an issue because I bf-ed her using nipple shields.

melonribena Tue 04-Apr-17 14:07:33

Hi!
My ds2 got his two front teeth at 4 months old. He started grazing and it hurt!
After a few days, he got used to them and feeding got back to normal. I think it's just them exploring their new teeth!
I remember this with ds1 and I fed him to 2.10 when he had all his teeth!!

MsComplicated Tue 04-Apr-17 14:32:24

My DDs two bottom teeth came through about 6 weeks ago at the same time, for about 2 weeks after she kept biting me towards the end of the feed and I was ready to give up as like you she kept splitting the nipple open and I was close to tears in pain every feed. I just had to watch her carefully as she fed and when she stopped feeding or pulled her tongue back Id remove her before she bit, if she did bite me Id stop feeding completely and say a firm no. She did get the message and hasnt done it since after those first weeks. Im hoping she wont continue as more teeth come through!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now