Talk

Advanced search

Reverse cycling thoughts?

(6 Posts)
FTM85 Sun 02-Apr-17 11:59:09

Hoping someone can help.

My 10 week old flat out refuses a bottle - I have tried all different ones but it's not really happening. She's had some milk from some but it doesn't go very well in general. I'm going to be in hospital in a few weeks and I'll be away from her I reckon for at least 6 hours. I'm really nervous about it sad my mum will have her and she is very good with my daughter and my daughter knows her well (sees her nearly every day). My question is if she doesn't take milk, will it be ok for her to reverse cycle? I'm just feeling rotten about it as it seems cruel sad should my mum just attempt to feed from a syringe and use her dummy for comfort?

Thanks in advance x

FTM85 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:48:43

Anyone?

TooMinty Sun 02-Apr-17 21:34:52

She might take a bottle from your mum even if she doesn't for you - she will know your boobs are not in the vicinity. You can't help needing to go to hospital so try not to feel bad. Just leave some alternatives for your mum to try (bottle/syringe/Doidy(?) cup) and dummy will be good for comforting.

FTM85 Mon 03-Apr-17 10:13:04

Thanks TooMinty! Ive actually just spent half an hour with a bottle with no luck and then tried a cup and she took it straight away! Thank goodness. And she loves her dummy so yes that will hopefully be sufficient comfort till I am home xx

TooMinty Mon 03-Apr-17 21:24:12

Good news about her taking milk from a cup. I think a midwife told me they often feed small babies like that when they refuse bottles.

Blossom789 Sat 08-Apr-17 19:56:33

If your not having a general is there an option DD could come in just for a feed if your mum gets stuck??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now