Talk

Advanced search

Life after colic

(6 Posts)
Hopeful16 Wed 29-Mar-17 06:08:46

Hi there,

How have people moved on from their baby having colic?

My baby girl had terrible colic- we used Infacol which gave her constipation so on HV's advice we switched to Dr Brown bottles and comfort formula.

My question is now she's nearly 3 months can I swap back? Are we out of the colic phase? Has anyone else had experience of this?

We have TT bottles in the next size and don't want to buy more Dr B ones if she'll be ok switching back.

TIA

fabulous01 Wed 29-Mar-17 06:26:32

I had 2 with colic
I didn't switch back. I didn't want to risk it to be honest but mine were really bad
CN you really not afford it? If not try and find some second hand but that is my opinion

Whatsername17 Wed 29-Mar-17 11:37:07

I used colief which reduces the lactose in normal milk and works the same way as a comforter milk. At 3 months I forgot to put the drops in 2 bottles and we had two days of screaming. My advice would be to wait until you've weaned to switch back.

Hopeful16 Wed 29-Mar-17 15:41:28

Thanks for your replies smile Will maybe have another think!

AprilLudgateDwyer Wed 29-Mar-17 15:46:34

I would wait until weaning. As above we used colief and I ran out one day and the effects wear off pretty quickly. I was too scared to try again until he was nearly 8 months and well and truly weaned!

Whatsername17 Wed 29-Mar-17 19:16:19

Snap April! Colic is a bitch and an experience that put me off trying for number 2 for several years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now