Talk

Advanced search

What is this on my breast (picture of top boob included!)

(6 Posts)
MrsBellefleur Mon 27-Mar-17 10:23:21

I'm 5 days into feeding dd2. Had some trouble with engorgement on my left side as struggled to get baby to latch. Just starting to come out of the other side now, engorgement has settled and she has had a few feeds from the breast finally.

This morning I have noticed this red mark, it looks slight white in the centre, not hot, doesn't hurt but ever so slightly raised and I'm just wondering if it's anything to worry about!

Apologies for the photos of my humongous boobs, cotton bud is for size reference!

ImperialBlether Mon 27-Mar-17 10:25:00

Could it be a bit of psoriasis?

Roomba Mon 27-Mar-17 10:27:52

Looks like the patches of psoriasis that I get on my hipbones and elbows. Does it feel dry? Is it sore or itchy at all?

Indiebar Mon 27-Mar-17 10:31:12

Is it growing and have you been bitten at all? Have you been in woods or fields at all in the past week? It looks to me that it could be a Lyme disease rash however it is very unseasonal. Are you feeling generally well otherwise?

MrsBellefleur Mon 27-Mar-17 10:32:43

I'm feeling fine, it's not a bite and I've never suffered with dry skin or issues like psoriasis or eczema.

It's because it's on my troublesome boob that had me worried it might be something to do with mastitis or something like that!

Roomba Mon 27-Mar-17 10:51:56

I'm not an expert, but when I had mastitis I was very engorged and could feel a blockage in a duct, I was very hot, my boob was really red and swollen in one patch and I felt like I had flu. It came on very quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now