Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding and periods...

(6 Posts)
Whatsername17 Fri 24-Mar-17 18:31:45

Dd2 is 9 weeks old and ebf on demand.She sleeps for a maximum of 4 hours at an hour - 2 hours in the day. I feel like I'm having premenstrual symptoms but as yet no af. My tummy and back are so sore. Any idea what is going on? Any other experiences?

Chattycat78 Fri 24-Mar-17 19:19:19

You can have symptoms of periods for months before they actually come back. Mine didn't reappear until I actually stopped feeding completely at around 8 weeks. Everyone is different though.

Writerwannabe83 Fri 24-Mar-17 21:20:11

My period returned when my EBF DS was 4 months old. I was pretty gutted as I was hoping that breast feeding would keep them away. I breast fed DS for 2.5 years and had regular periods for the duration from as soon as they returned.

Chattycat78 Sat 25-Mar-17 07:23:01

Sorry typo- I mean mine didn't come back until 8 months when I stopped feeding- not 8 weeks. So don't worry yet OP

SoMuchWaiting Sat 25-Mar-17 07:35:58

Don't worry. My dd was ebf and I had a light period when dd was about 6 weeks old, I then had some cramps and some light occasional spotting until she was about 4 months. I then had nothing until I got a proper period when she was 14 month, I was then like clockwork every month even though I was still breastfeeding.

Everyone is different, it's all about your hormones.

Whatsername17 Sat 25-Mar-17 14:59:52

Thanks everyone. I wonder if I'm just going to have the symptoms without the bleed then? Frustrating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now