Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moving to combination feeding

(4 Posts)
youngishmum93 Wed 22-Mar-17 13:12:47

I'm very new to this so hope I'm posting in the right place!

I've ebf my 5 month old but will be going back to work in a couple of months, I work with young people so I really don't want to be trying to pump and store milk in work so aiming to be just doing morning and night feeds by this point.

I had planned to introduce formula during the day but I'm not sure how to go about it as I feed on demand - and by on demand I mean just total guesswork as I've never quite figured out the cues!

I'm also a bit worried that she's got a milk intolerance or something as when I gave her baby porridge she reacted really badly to it and when my partner gave her formula while I was out she was sick everywhere, are there different formulas I can try? That was aptimil.

I also started on tiny bits of purée for the last few weeks or so, and I'm totally not sure what I'm doing.. could I get to a point by 7 months where she's just on solids during the day and milk when I'm home? Do I give water?
Ahh help!

Whatsername17 Wed 22-Mar-17 15:36:09

Don't do everything all at once. If i were you I'd start with either food or formula. After a few weeks introduce the other. Aptimil made my niece really sick. Dd1 did well on Hipp Organic. Start with one bottle a day then increase once she's used to it.

youngishmum93 Wed 22-Mar-17 17:52:31

Thanks! Just feel like I'm winging it all haha x

Whatsername17 Thu 23-Mar-17 14:18:21

We all are! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now