Talk

Advanced search

Been done before but looking for ideas of what to feed 7.5 month old

(8 Posts)
user1466690252 Tue 21-Mar-17 19:41:27

Hello, ds eats well off a spoon. Anything really, no issues. He will eat rice cakes and toast by himself but Im struggling to give him other things to feed himself? Also, hes not great with a sippy cup? Should I be bottle feeding him water aswell? At the moment we have
7am- 8oz bottle
10am- baby porridge and fruit
12ish - 40z bottle and toast
2ish- 4oz bottle
4.30ish- Ella's kitchen pouch of something or mashed whatever we are eating of its suitable. Yoghurt
6.30 8oz bottle for bed.

He is waking for a bottle at 4am again, the past week or so hes been doing that?! And drinking the whole thing. Does this sound about average?

OP’s posts: |
Sunshineandlaughter Tue 21-Mar-17 19:48:00

Totally average/normal

How about grated apple and cheese piled into a bowl so he can grab fistfuls?
Also chopped up spaghetti, Ella's puffs (I give mine these whilst I spoon feed), bread sticks, sticks of well cooked broccoli or cauliflower- I get those ready made veg packs which you can put in microwave as they are already chopped into finger sizes for you!

user1466690252 Tue 21-Mar-17 20:05:42

Perfect thank you! Do you think I need to get water into him? Or is he gettong enough through the formula?
At home the pouches and routine work great, but a few evenings a week I need to feed him whilst my other 2 are doing clubs, or at least put him on with snacks till we get home. Embarrassingly, I can't for the life of me remember what I did weaning the older ones?!

Falafelings Tue 21-Mar-17 20:09:09

What do you feed your family?

user1466690252 Tue 21-Mar-17 20:35:15

We like alot of spice and seasoning. Eldest are in full time school and dh works away . For example today we had fish, mushy peas and mash. Which I blended a bit for him. Yesterday eldest had pizza, I had home made spicy rice so the baby had a Ella's kitchen pouch.

Falafelings Tue 21-Mar-17 20:47:24

Might be nice to introduce some of your delicious foods

Sunshineandlaughter Tue 21-Mar-17 21:00:51

I often add a bit of rice to an Ella's pouch to bulk it up a bit, if a bit of cheese - makes them into a bit more of a 'meal'

Sunshineandlaughter Tue 21-Mar-17 21:01:40

I wouldn't worry about water - just offer it in a sippy cup at meals - if he doesn't take it he doesn't need it

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in