Talk

Advanced search

Long term BF & periods

(8 Posts)
Pumpkin16 Mon 20-Mar-17 22:50:18

I've been feeding my son for 15 months now, exclusively. My period eventually came back in January (so when he was just over a year old).

The first two were like clockwork, but over the past 4 or so weeks he's been unwell/teething & therefore feeding a little more than usual. I'm still waiting for my 3rd period hmm

Has anyone else experienced this?? I've no idea if it's normal as never BF this long with others.

Did pregnancy test a few days ago btw & all negative! Any ideas??

JohnLapsleyParlabane Mon 20-Mar-17 22:52:27

My DD is the same age. I've had 4 cycles of 35, 50, 27 and 31 days. I think it's just settling in weirdness.

Pumpkin16 Wed 22-Mar-17 18:01:25

Thanks.

Was getting a bit concerned. Suppose it's everything just settling down confused

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 26-Mar-17 20:47:55

Is there any chance you could be pg? It could be normal though.

Pumpkin16 Wed 29-Mar-17 12:36:51

Sorry only just come back to this thread. Did 2 tests about 2 or so weeks ago. Still waiting for period hmm

Have spoken to a friend who is a long term BF'er who assures me her periods were all over the place, so I'm hoping it's just that!

squizita Thu 30-Mar-17 14:16:33

Mine is almost 3 and my periods are still uneven! If she's having a thirsty month I can be up to 10 days late, I get anxious and them whoosh... mother nature visits.

TheElephantofSurprise Thu 30-Mar-17 14:18:19

It's to do with the suckling - more suckling, less period. Older children suck less, periods eventually return and settle down.

Pumpkin16 Thu 30-Mar-17 22:27:45

Thanks. He eased off feeding a little but seems to want it a lot more lately so makes sense.

I'm not complaining about not having them though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now