Talk

Advanced search

Feeds better to nursery rhymes!

(5 Posts)
Bex134 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:04:13

DS is 9 weeks and has occasional fussy times when breastfeeding when he comes off and cries, so I wind and then we carry on. Tonight I've been thinking is this something more than wind. DH put nursery rhymes on and he fed beautifully.

What do you reckon? Did he like the distraction? If there was something else going on (like silent reflux I was thinking) would this help or would we get more crying?

GiraffesAndButterflies Sat 18-Mar-17 20:21:38

Both mine did everything better with music from birth to 4 and counting. So I can well believe it. Most of SE England has had to suffer my awful voice by now blush

Scrowy Sat 18-Mar-17 20:29:52

McFly blush

Hedgeh0g Sat 18-Mar-17 20:39:29

If it's occasional then it sounds more to do with mood than anything physical. Could he be over tired? My ds1 would be very fussy at the breast when over tired. Music does calm some babies down a lot. You just wait until he hits the distractable phase when feeding in public becomes near on impossible.. I currently have to sing twinkle twinkle regardless of where I am or I don't merit ds2's attention...

Bex134 Sun 19-Mar-17 01:23:44

It could be when he's overtired although it happened today for most of his feeds after 12noon and he'd had 2 naps before that. I'll try to notice the pattern I think.

Not thought about needing to sing when feedingbin public- I'll have to get practicing as I tend to make up the lyrics!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now