We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bottle before bed - how much?

(3 Posts)
Nottalotta Tue 14-Mar-17 22:20:41

Ds 4wks old, large (6kg...) is bf apart from.ine bottle before bed when he has formula.

Just wondering how much to give, he's just drunk 4Oz and looked like he could carry on. He doesn't wake up for this feed, and is happily sleeping, but drained the bottle.

Bf on demand the rest of the time. I've no idea how much a large 4 wk ilold would normally have in a bottle.

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 15-Mar-17 18:24:21

I think it would very much depend on the baby. I think the general advice with formula is that if they drink it all, make up slightly more next time and see how they get on.

Whatsername17 Thu 16-Mar-17 13:21:41

My dd2 is 8 weeks tomorrow and she has about 3oz of ebm before bed. Sometimes a she goes onto the breast for 5 minutes after her nappy change to get her back to sleep. She's a big baby at 12lb. Yesterday, I took her into work so expressed a 5 oz bottle as I didn't want to bf (I'm a teacher and wanted to see the kids). She took the bottle in two sittings taking a max of 3oz on one go. Id go with your baby. If he seemed satisfied then he probably had enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now