(8 Posts)
ClodTheGoat Mon 13-Mar-17 22:39:56

How often is your lo feeding?

Mine is
On waking
After nursery
Bedtime
Sometimes during night

Tbh I'm exhausted and wondering if I should somehow cut down these. Although I have no idea how to do that.

Angryangryyoungwoman Mon 13-Mar-17 22:43:12

I'm feeding a 3 year old who feeds as often as yours. I do sometimes refuse in the night unless she is ill but she rarely asks now.

glenthebattleostrich Mon 13-Mar-17 22:45:41

At 2 we made it clear there was no milk in the night. It took a couple of nights of dh dealing with dd but she gave that one up fairly quickly.

Morning and bedtime were the last to go at 3, tbh i was quite upset when DD decided to drop these.

TalkingofMichaelAngel0 Mon 13-Mar-17 22:45:48

That was my 2 yr of too. I managed to get him down to bedtime before stopping completely at 2 yrs 5 months but by god it was a battle!

inmyshoos Mon 13-Mar-17 22:48:53

I fed my dd until she was 3. We co slept and i found it really hard to stop the night feeding. It was such an ingrained habit. I suppose very similar to a child with a dummy. She is now 8 and yet it seems like only yesterday.

Waddlelikeapenguin Mon 13-Mar-17 22:49:02

Afaik 4 times in 24 hours isn't particularly frequent for a 2 yr old.

My current 2 today BF
Morning
Before leaving house
While out
When home
Before dinner
Bedtime
Will feed at least twice before morning

My middle would have fed much more frequently at this age, my first less (probably 5 times)

I'm also not sure it takes much energy at this age Sadly as I could use the calorie deficit! could you pick some things that might help your energy levels? Iron, multi vitamin, more sleep, more water, less sugar etc

OTOH if you want to cut down I would advise being busy & don't offer dont refusesmile

ClodTheGoat Mon 13-Mar-17 23:01:39

Yes the tiredness is probably related to other stuff as well. I definitely need to eat better. Plus am recovering from a virus so feel crap from that. I'm a single parent so that can be tiring in itself.

I co-sleep so I think cutting overnight feeds would be hard. I think another reason for tiredness is lo often wants to hold boob so this interrupts my sleep (I prefer sleeping on my front but that doesn't go down well)

I suppose I'm just a bit surprised I am still breastfeeding. On one hand I absolutely love it and cherish it while it lasts. On the other I've got my eye on a bed to myself and sleepovers at granny's!

ICJump Fri 17-Mar-17 03:39:28

I'm feeding a 2 year old and he has had three feeds already today. I'd say a normal day would be 10-12.
I'm desperately trying to stop might feeds but it's distressing for the whole family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now