Talk

Advanced search

Aptimel Formula making

(7 Posts)
user1465146157 Mon 13-Mar-17 14:45:15

This may be a stupid post but I want to make sure I'm making formula correctly.

I've been using the ready made stuff so far but its so expensive so have now got the powder.

The directions for my DD's age say a bottle needs FIVE scoops in a bottle (for a single feed)

Surely thats too much? Am i reading this incorrectly?

Also - am I ok to make a batch of 4/5 bottles in advance - i know they advise against it but surely in 24 hours its ok? Don't know how i'd wait 30 mins for water to cool down every time i feed?

thanks

Catdogcat Mon 13-Mar-17 14:47:40

You use the same number of scoops for however many ounces bottle you're making so 5 scoops = 5oz bottle.

We used a perfect prep machine which was a total life saver, especially in the middle of the night.

user1465146157 Tue 14-Mar-17 16:00:57

thanks PP x

SheepyFun Tue 14-Mar-17 16:10:13

We use Aptamil. When I checked the NHS website (within the last 4 years, but not yesterday), it said that you could keep made up bottles in the fridge for up to 24 hours, which is how we cope with nights. We've persuaded DD to take it cold, which has made life much easier!

The amounts sound correct - we have 8 oz bottles, so use 8 scoops (to 240 ml water).

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 15-Mar-17 11:10:10

You don't need to wait 30 minutes for the boiled water, the instructions are to wait no longer than 30 minutes. So you can use the water just after it's boiled and then flash cool the bottle.

Dueindecember2016 Tue 21-Mar-17 16:25:18

I use a the flask from the Tommie tippee for when I'm out and about. I fill it up with boiling water before I leave home and then use the water in sterile bottles along with the formula powder.

Not use if this is right but how else are you to get fresh boiled water at a warm temp to kill any bacteria in the formula

Misspilly88 Tue 21-Mar-17 16:37:29

You do need to wait a bit. Boiling water kills the nutrients. But it needs to be hot enough to kill bacteria, hence the timings on the box. You can store them at the back of the fridge for 24 hrs. WHO says so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now