Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for lightweight sling/carrier you can BF in?

(10 Posts)
Jooni Sun 12-Mar-17 22:19:32

Expecting DC2 in a few months. DC1 will be a rambunctious 20-month-old when baby arrives and I doubt she'll let me sit still for long to feed.

I'd really appreciate recommendations for a light, easy-to-use baby sling/carrier which I would be able to BF in hands-free(r). Apparently it is possible to do this though I never managed it with our bulky Ergo 360, which is great for long walks but not something I want to be wearing around the house.

Any suggestions please?

Rockingaround Sun 12-Mar-17 22:51:25

Kari-me are the absolute winner for me x congrats re your new bundle! flowers

Jooni Mon 13-Mar-17 03:01:03

Thank you smile What do you like especially about the Kari-me?

fizzicles Mon 13-Mar-17 03:05:51

I have a stretchy (JPMBB) and a connecta, and have found the connecta easier for feeding baby (2 weeks old), plus much quicker to put on/take off than stretchy sling

Onedaylikethi5ayear Mon 13-Mar-17 03:10:11

Most structured buckled carriers like connecta etc are only ok from 4 months. Stretchy is best for those early days, I would recommend a caboo for easy ups. Why not visit your local sling library, they will advise and can also show how best to feed whilst carrying.

Jooni Mon 13-Mar-17 08:13:57

Thank you both. One that is a good suggestion, how possible is it to try out various carriers while heavily pregnant? I'm huge this time round! Or do they just talk you through it?

SerialReJoiner Mon 13-Mar-17 08:23:28

I like using a ring sling for those early days, and have even managed to get baby latched on and feeding during the walk to school.

Jooni Mon 13-Mar-17 13:59:39

Brilliant this is exactly what I was after. Thanks Serial, is it quite easy to feed in one then?

SerialReJoiner Mon 13-Mar-17 14:50:05

You kind of loosen it up, position baby, and then tighten the sling around you again. I like to keep one arm around baby to keep everything as stable as possible, but with practice it is totally doable.

Nottalotta Tue 14-Mar-17 23:00:10

Following as have large 4wk old and almost 20 month ds.

I have the Karl me, it's just a stretchy wrap, I can't get on with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now