Electric pump recommendations and advice

(4 Posts)
GruffaloPants Sun 12-Mar-17 12:58:07

I'm hoping to start occasional expressing for DD2, who is 7 months. Any pump recommendations? I've been looking at the Medela swing, but only because I've heard of it!

Also wondering what bottles/sizes I should use, and how much to try for each feed.

summerson Sun 12-Mar-17 15:32:13

I have heard the medela swing is best too. Personally I have Philips avent single electric one and it's pretty good, no complaints!

For quantity I use the "Kelly mom" guidelines she has which is based on how often your baby feeds

GruffaloPants Sun 12-Mar-17 15:41:18

Great, thanks. I've just ordered a Medela mini as it was much cheaper and I found out it is a Which Best Buy. Apparently it's very noisy though. Thanks for the reminder about KellyMom, I was on there all the time with DD1, forgot how useful it is!

Dueindecember2016 Mon 13-Mar-17 14:41:41

I used the medela in the hospital and it was amazing. Thinking that a pump is a pump I bought a Tommee Tippee... it was awful!!!!!

With bottle sizes, don't buy the really small ones as in a few months you'll need to buy the bigger ones because the feed amount will increase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now