Talk

Advanced search

Feeding in public

(7 Posts)
SquedgieBeckenheim Sat 11-Mar-17 16:36:40

I shouldn't be nervous about feeding in public, as I BF DD1 anywhere and everywhere, using nipple shields.
DD2 is 10 days old and BF without any aids lik nipple shields, so should be easier right? Except it's not discreet at all! I have forceful let down so literally spray her in the face if I don't hand express first to get past that bit. It sprays really far...
I didn't have this issue with DD1 as the nipple shields contained the spray.
If you have forceful let down, how do you discreetly feed in public? I live in a town with no shops with feeding rooms! I refuse to feed my DD in a toilet.

Popskipiekin Sat 11-Mar-17 16:44:24

I can see why you wouldn't want to hand express in public. What do you hand express into usually? Could you perhaps, under a nursing cover/shawl if you would like, put DD2 on for a few secs until let down and take her off to let spray into a muslin, or hand express under the nursing cover into a muslin first, then put her on.

Winniethepooer Sat 11-Mar-17 16:47:35

Its only 10 days.

The let down wont always be like that.
Give yourself some time.

Congratulations.flowers

FrizzBombDelight Sat 11-Mar-17 16:49:52

I had no idea this was a thing confusedlooks like I have a lot to learn! Hope you figure it out, good luck!

SquedgieBeckenheim Sat 11-Mar-17 17:51:10

Thanks for your replies.
winnie the let down was like this for the full 15 months I fed DD1! It was just contained by the shield.
pop I've been hand expressing into a muslin each time, just till the spray dies down.
I may have to try a cover, DD1 never like it so only used it once!

KingfisherBlue Sat 11-Mar-17 20:53:23

I had this problem when DS was smaller. I used to drape one of these really big muslins over my shoulder and use it as a nursing-cover/spray catcher/milk wiper all in one.

The spraying got a bit better with time, but he also got better with dealing with it and stopped pulling off so often. I don't bother with the muslin any more.

Sunshineandlaughter Tue 14-Mar-17 22:58:50

Tops that won't show milk!
Muslim to catch milk until it slows down
I have exactly the same story as you! Fast letdown, dd1 on nipple shields, dd2 feeding directly but milk everywhere!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now