Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

App to help me remember?!

(16 Posts)
binkybonk Wed 01-Mar-17 16:12:39

When #1 DS was new, there was a decent app which I could just record Left/ Right and duration. No fancy spangles but it worked. It had nappy changes etc too but I used them for all of a day or two...
Anyway, 6 yrs on I can't find a decent one! I've tried the medela app and it's pretty sh*t.
Any ideas?
Basically I can't remember which boob and when!

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Wed 01-Mar-17 16:15:41

I wear a bobble round the wrist I last fed from and swap it at each feed!

Bex107 Wed 01-Mar-17 16:16:00

Baby Feed timer is brilliant - still using it now after 9 months (and I still can't bloody remember which side I last fed on)...
Baby Feed Timer - Breastfeeding, Nursing, Bottle Feeding & Baby Development Log by Fehners Software LLP
appsto.re/gb/n2kKx.i

beela Wed 01-Mar-17 16:16:04

I used.... a notebook. Recorded all of ds's feeds religiously for weeks and then realised I was doing nothing with the data.

Didn't bother with dd.

Some people use a hairband / bracelet to remember which side they last fed from.

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Wed 01-Mar-17 16:16:22

You can get fancy braclet thingys that do the same!

Bex107 Wed 01-Mar-17 16:16:56

Hope that link worked! It also records nappy changes, solid food, reminders, etc.

eddiemairswife Wed 01-Mar-17 16:28:39

I just used an elastic band on my wrist.

binkybonk Wed 01-Mar-17 23:05:49

Thanks all, found it Bex- but maybe it's time to go low- tech!! Will try the hairband trick too. Replacing the nappy pin on the bra from my mum's advice ;-)

BertieBotts Wed 01-Mar-17 23:11:47

We didn't have apps when DS was a baby.

I vaguely remember weighing each boob on the back of my hands blush grin

In all honestly it doesn't matter too much. Baby will quickly let you know if the flow is slow and you can switch sides. I think too much monitoring (time of feeds etc) ends up counterproductive, because breastfeeding isn't really predictable or patterned, and it can cause stress when there's no actual cause for concern.

SockQueen Thu 02-Mar-17 11:46:30

I've never bothered. I can usually tell which breast I last fed from by feeling - and if I get it wrong it's no big deal to switch. DS feeds when he's hungry and stops when he's not, trying to keep him attached so that I can feed for the "right" amount of time just irritates him.

littledinaco Thu 02-Mar-17 20:40:41

I've never really bothered doing alternative sides. If I noticed one side was particularly full then I'd feed from that first.

I only fed from one side through the night as fed lying down half asleep. Then in the morning, would feed from other side.

IamChipmunk Mon 06-Mar-17 07:06:05

I used a hair bobble on my wrisk with ds too! He was every two hrs religiously so never bothered with times.

With Dd I just shove her on a boob! If she fusses I swap, seems to work! grin

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Tue 07-Mar-17 15:46:59

Sorry to thread hack, but am interested in the what and why of knowing which side last offered? With DD I wrote all minute info in a notebook for about a week and then also realised I wasn't doing anything with that info and stopped... We fed more from left side because we just both seemed to prefer it. I presumed we caused me to have more supply on that side? However now I'm pregnant again I am leaking a lot more from left side (easily twice as much). Is there a reason for having more milk on one side before demand is factored in? Should I offer that side more come the time because there is more milk, or offer right side more to even things out? Thanks!

BertieBotts Tue 07-Mar-17 20:15:48

It doesn't really matter. Do whatever feels right at the time smile You may end up lopsided if you definitely favour one side but it doesn't always happen.

I only ever used to leak off one side when I was pregnant.

KarmaKit Tue 07-Mar-17 20:21:53

I just used to squeeze my boobs. Whichever felt harder/fuller was the one I went for! Mind you, that looks a bit odd in public...

summerson Sun 12-Mar-17 11:26:38

I use the Philips avent app it has timer for left or right boob and nappy change and a few others but those are the only two I use!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now