Talk

Advanced search

Blistered nipple...

(4 Posts)
Whatsername17 Wed 01-Mar-17 12:32:03

Dd2 is 5 and a half weeks old and ebf. Doing really well. My right nipple is taking some punishment though. It is the bigger of my boobs and I think dd struggled with latching that side. The top of my nipples looks sore and blistered and it hurts to feed her from that side (if feels painful like in the early days) expressing doesn't hurt though. Through other side is completely fine. I have no symptoms of thrush as that was my first worry. Any ideas of how to heal it?

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 01-Mar-17 21:07:03

Lansinoh after each feed if you're not doing so already. Express from that side for a bit if it's really too sore to feed.

I've read on here that some people find Jelonet dressings to help but I've no experience myself.

msgilbertblythe Thu 02-Mar-17 02:53:33

I feel your pain. Check out this thread which explains how Ingot rid of mine. Took a bit of work and perseverance but oh the relief... www.mumsnet.com/Talk/breast_and_bottle_feeding/2854621-Thrush-or-something-else

msgilbertblythe Thu 02-Mar-17 02:56:29

Ps. When lancing it, don't go into it straight into it down the middle, go around the side of it lifting the skin from the edges.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now