Talk

Advanced search

Best dummy for BF baby?

(4 Posts)
FTM85 Tue 28-Feb-17 11:19:51

I've bought 3 different ones so far! Mam, Nuk, Avent 0-3. Nuk is too small and she spits it out straight away, don't think she likes the shape. Avent she LOVES but can't hold it in her mouth? Keeps falling out. Mam seems to gag her although she likes the shape too.

Any other ideas?! What about the Phillips Avent Soothie?

I'm using one to keep her calm in her pram (she wakes the moment it stops moving!) and sometimes she likes to suck for comfort and gets upset when milk comes out!

Thanks in advance x

squishy91 Wed 01-Mar-17 00:03:27

I'd give the soothie a go!
I am still struggling to get My now 10 month old to use a dummy so I feel your frustration!!!
She currently has mam but had tried the soothie when about 5 months she kind of took it.

Good luck!! Hope your baby takes one soooon!!!

YouJumpIJumpJack Wed 01-Mar-17 00:12:01

I know a lot of people disagree with them but cherry shaped dummies saved my sanity early on. They were the only shape he'd keep in his mouth.

They're not great later on though when teeth are coming through as they're not the orthodontic shape. So I am currently reintroducing the smaller shapes now he's starting to teethe.

Itwillbefine1 Wed 01-Mar-17 22:05:17

I BF my 2. Now 6yo took some kind of soother, I can't remember which brand,no no bother. Very comforting.
#2, now 4, would take none, or a bottle (expressed milk). I was his soother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now