We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Colic? Silent reflux?

(6 Posts)
Cryingdoesntstop1 Tue 28-Feb-17 09:55:35

Looking for some help.

Baby cries after every feed unless he sleeps. He draws his legs in, arches his back and goes rigid. Along with this it sounds like he is bringing his milk back up and swallowing it down which causes him to almost choke and cough, milk doesn't tend to come out of his mouth. This has come on over the past week, before this he fed fine.

We tried colief but haven't noticed much difference apart from runny poos.

It's stopping him sleeping as he's so obvious pain. He will nod off briefly but wake up wriggling and struggling again.

Anyone got any ideas if this is colic or silent reflux?

Cryingdoesntstop1 Tue 28-Feb-17 11:13:43

Bump can anyone help?

Whatsername17 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:04:44

Colief takes a week to work. If your lo has been struggling to poo then stick with it for at least 10 days. If you are bottle feeding try a slower teat.

sundaysunday Tue 28-Feb-17 13:18:20

Symptoms sound very much like my son's reflux. How old is your baby? I would ask HV for advice, they may suggest simple things like keeping your baby upright for 30 mins after a feed, winding often during a feed or propping the head end of the cot up a little. You could try these first but in our case the only thing that helped was taking him to the GP and getting medication.

Cryingdoesntstop1 Tue 28-Feb-17 14:16:59

He's 5 weeks old. I've kept him up after feeds and that seems to be helping. The coleif seemed to be making things worse so I stopped that.

I'll speak to the HV, thanks

FartnissEverbeans Sun 05-Mar-17 17:10:16

It does sound like reflux. The dr can give you very safe, easy medication that should help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now