Talk

Advanced search

Baby won't feed on right side

(7 Posts)
JumpSturdy Fri 24-Feb-17 20:55:34

This has only been going on since yesterday so I might be jumping the gun with this thread, but I can't seem to get DD to feed off right boob in normal position. This is a six month old baby - rugby ball hold has got her latched on that side, but it's no mean feat of pillow propping and muscle at this size! If I try and lie her across me as usual she just keeps trying to sit up. Not having same issue on left so could something be hurting her? She doesn't seem distressed just won't bloody stay down on that side! Anyone any thoughts?

Rumtopf Fri 24-Feb-17 21:13:51

Is she teething on that side or maybe a sore ear? When it's facing downwards it might hurt?

PastysPrincess Fri 24-Feb-17 21:19:59

My little one did this. Apparently lots of babies prefer the left due to it being closer to your heartbeat.

rabbitmummy Fri 24-Feb-17 21:21:24

Around this time my DD started feeding for less and less time in the cradle hold. Always trying to get up. Much happier feeding laying down side to side.

LaundryQueenHatesBunfights Fri 24-Feb-17 21:27:48

Could you perhaps try sitting her upright, legs straddling your waist to feed? I only started doing this with my DS at about 8mo but he loves it now, it's his default feeding position.

StrawberryShortcake32 Sat 25-Feb-17 08:18:19

My 4.5 month DS has been doing the same for the past 2 months. Tried every position known to man. The milk is fine as I can express it and he glugs it back. I just express that side now. he's teething so it's comes in handy to make milk lollies which ease the pain as he's not on solids yet.

westeringhome Sat 25-Feb-17 12:13:58

My 6mo dd still often does this too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now