Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Very windy ebf 12 days old.

(14 Posts)
Nottalotta Fri 24-Feb-17 01:18:41

Ds is 12 days old and feeds well. However he is quite windy after feeds and more so the last couple of days. Ds1 was also ebf and never windy so it's new to me.

It's been taking me longer to settle him back to sleep as he's in sone discomfort. Also he's quite (very!) noisy with it so I spend the whole time worrying ds1 will wake up.

Any ideas on why he's so windy, and can I prevent it. Also best ideas to get wind up or foe something to give him?

Orangebird69 Fri 24-Feb-17 01:21:14

Infacol. Was a lifesaver for me (my ds was ebf too).

Isadora2007 Fri 24-Feb-17 01:24:10

Keep a food diary (of what you eat) as often things like onion or garlic can give EBF babies wind.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 25-Feb-17 18:38:36

Try a bit of tummy massage before bed, there some good videos on baby massage on YouTube.

Have a Google of the "Tiger in the Tree hold" too smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 25-Feb-17 18:41:38

Have a read of this on gassy babies as well smile

Forgot to offer my congratulations in my previous post blushthanks

EdenX Sat 25-Feb-17 18:42:49

How on earth could onion digested by the mother give a baby wind? Does it make the milk fizzy?

iMatter Sat 25-Feb-17 18:47:06

I had to give up onion when I was feeding ds2. It made him so windy/colicky/miserable.

Interestingly enough he's intolerant to onion.

SasBel Sat 25-Feb-17 20:08:12

Infacol, colief, a sling, lots of walking. Congratulations and good luck!

celtiethree Sat 25-Feb-17 20:37:33

Food you eat can upset your baby, bland is better. I couldn't eat green peppers (still can't)

Kiwi32 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:42:42

I had this problem with my ebf son-I had very fast let down and he was gulping to keep up and taking down lots of air I think. I started taking a bit more time burping him and also put one of those foam wedges under the cot mattress (not sure if you're co sleeping?) which seemed to help. He grew out of it by 2-4 months (can't quite remember it's a bit of a blur!)

Nottalotta Sat 25-Feb-17 21:11:43

Thanks all. I got some infacol yesterday, he's not keen on it......and am taking plenty of time to burp him. He did 4 rather large burps this evening after feeding.

He's in a sleepyhead on my bed at night, and I have put a small cushion under the head so he is a bit raised.

He does gulp a bit at times.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 26-Feb-17 08:40:30

If he's gulping, it's worth getting him checked for tongue tie smile

Nottalotta Sun 26-Feb-17 12:25:21

I don't think he's got a tongue tie, he can stick it out quite a kit, and it makes the normal shape when he cries. I think the gulping noise is his breathing when the milk is coming quite fast, it doesn't go on for long.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 26-Feb-17 14:05:05

That's good then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now