Talk

Advanced search

Should I actually be concerned about this cluster feed?

(6 Posts)
hollymonster Mon 20-Feb-17 21:17:56

Hi all

My little girl is 4 weeks today and I'm used to cluster feeding smile however today she has been non stop since 10am without sleeping - it's now 9.15pm - when I say non stop I mean it, no breaks except when my husband takes her so I can eat/go to the loo and she is very upset when I stop.

She's now fussing/screaming/scratching at the breast, latching on then crying then latching off. She's also very hot but hasn't got a temp.

Is this just s typical grumpy growth spurt do we think? I'm going to see the HV tomorrow anyway and a BF support group but just a bit worried at this stage - is 12 hours constant feeding with no signs of stopping really ok?

X

forfucksakenet Mon 20-Feb-17 21:24:44

My DD used to cluster feed a lot but I think her record was around 6 hours. I phoned the breastfeeding helpinevin tears asking if she would ever stop. The poor lady thought I was mad. I have no idea if it's normal but I know I've been there, although maybe not quite so long as you! Is she having plenty wet nappies? Just so you know she is definitely getting the milk?

We ended up having to take ours in the car to kind of break the cycle. She would eventually fall asleep in the car and then wake up and go back into her more normal routine of feeding every two hours. This went on for about ten days or so and then things improved!

Flowers for you flowers I know it's hard x

forfucksakenet Mon 20-Feb-17 21:25:24

Helpline

Purplebluebird Mon 20-Feb-17 21:30:07

I'm not sure actually, but I would be worried if she isn't sleeping. Maybe contact the La Leche League?

www.laleche.org.uk/telephone-helpline/

Phone: 0345 120 2918

Whatsername17 Tue 21-Feb-17 17:45:42

Is she sleeping on the boob? I've not been blessed to do much for the last two days because dd is cluster feeding. She falls asleep, but if I try and put her down her eyes ping open and she cries. I'm knackered!

forfucksakenet Tue 21-Feb-17 22:00:32

How's things OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now