Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done ABM training recently?

(2 Posts)
TheBeanpole Thu 16-Feb-17 22:23:03

And if you have, how was it?

I'm thinking of starting the mother supporter course (and then doing the breastfeeding counsellor course later, if I like it) with an eye to volunteering. I'm on maternity leave 2 at the moment so have a bit of time while DD1 is at nursery, and have been wanting to do some volunteering. The helpline would suit me as I can do it later in the evening and also possibly while I am working away.

It would be good to get some feedback on how others found the course(s) and what they did with them afterwards.

I am a bit put off by the reference requirements- apparently one should be 'the sort of person you would use if applying for a job'- with a series of detailed questions about my interaction with breastfeeding mothers. Which, um, no one I know in a professional capacity would know. I suppose I could ask the HV but she doesn't know me well, and I haven't been to a BF drop-in since I had DD1 3 years ago.

Any feedback welcome!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 19-Feb-17 14:19:59

F.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now