Talk

Advanced search

WHY Do my boobs do this?

(6 Posts)
Kmxxx14 Thu 16-Feb-17 14:28:10

My DD feeds 2-3 hours. After 2.5 hours my boobs suddenly tingle like they do when the milk lets down when I'm feeding her.

What does this mean? That she's due a feed and she would usually have fed by then? It doesn't happen often but usually if I've not fed her for a while. Every time it happens I think she must be due a feed but I'm not sure if this is right?

westeringhome Thu 16-Feb-17 16:50:29

Apparently it's the let down reflex, a lot of resources tell you it settles with time but I got it frequently the whole 18 months with dc3, and still get the electric shocks fairly often 5 months in with dc4. I do find it happens if there's been a longer than usual break between feeds, or if they've been having a feeding frenzy growth spurt then go back to their normal pattern I notice it more

Whatsername17 Thu 16-Feb-17 18:26:35

I get this too! Glad to hear it's normal as I was worried it was thrush.

Rinceoir Thu 16-Feb-17 18:33:19

This used to happen to me, and when it did I got an almighty urge to feed DD! I leaked a lot until DD was around 9 months though.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Thu 16-Feb-17 18:37:37

Yes the tingling is the let down as westeringhome said. Til we've settled into a routine I usually get this with newborn DC when they're due a feed.

Kmxxx14 Thu 16-Feb-17 19:22:35

Thanks. I've never had a problem with leaking and I get it when I'm not feeding her so wasn't sure why it is. She's 5 months now and it's still happening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now