Talk

Advanced search

Flushed face / rash when bottle feeding

(5 Posts)
lookske Tue 14-Feb-17 18:44:35

My ds is 4 months old and in the past 2 weeks when he takes a bottle his face goes all flushed with red blotches, and sometimes he also gets like a heat rash on his neck and chest. It disappears during or after the feed. He also has acid reflux.

I went to the gp today and he said it could be a transient milk allergy / intolerance, and could be linked to his reflux. He has prescribed a special and I am to use it for a few days to see if the blotches disappear. I am also to increase his rantitidine dose.

I'm concerned about changing his formula as he shows no signs of discomfort and the rash disappears.

Does anyone else have any experience with this or something similar?

I am confused how it could be related to his reflux and am reluctant to mess his insides around too much by changing milks!

lookske Tue 14-Feb-17 18:45:26

I should also add he's been on same milk since birth (aptamil first) and has the same bottles/tears

lookske Tue 14-Feb-17 18:45:36

Teats*

lookske Wed 15-Feb-17 08:01:02

Anyone?

Diamondsandpears Sat 18-Feb-17 06:15:14

Do as the doctor says and report back to discuss. Worth ruling it out I imagine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now