Talk

Advanced search

Need Help - Cannot get 7 month old DD off the breast

(8 Posts)
user1486744337 Fri 10-Feb-17 16:46:22

I am at my wits end. I have tried everything. Every type of teat, formula v's express milk, all sorts of bottles etc..but my 7 month old will not take any fluids other than my milk. I had to go back to work and today the childcare facility rang and said they cant keep her until starts to drink !! I dont know how to get her off it. On advice from a friend i even did something i would never do, add choc powder (tinsy bit) to the formula to entice her. No Joy.
My husband has tried, a different carer has tried, no joy. I need to work & know she will drink. Can anyone help me wean her ??? Help needed.

teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 10-Feb-17 19:20:09

Have you tried a cup? My DD was great using a doidy cup independently from about 8 months, with support before that.

Inneedofaholiday2017 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:22:55

Def try a sippy cup (maybe of expressed milk?) and up her solids during day.
Could you nip to nursery on lunch break to feed her or too far?

Inneedofaholiday2017 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:23:34

I'd use a tommy tippy cup tho

Inneedofaholiday2017 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:24:48

Or maybe find a nursery close to work??

pitterpatterrain Fri 10-Feb-17 19:26:22

Nuk learner sippy? Can be a bit messy but my DD started with this as she couldn't figure out bottles to start with and we needed to move her from EBF to formula during the day when I returned to work at 6m

We kept on trying a few other things and after a bit she was fine on Tommy Tippee

RNBrie Fri 10-Feb-17 19:26:44

Lansinoh beaker? My 7 month old has been drinking water from one of these for several weeks so might be worth a shot with formula in?

Cup

MOR76 Fri 10-Feb-17 20:34:05

Thanks guys, will def try the NUK Learner sippy and the Lansinoh beaker.....fingers crossed..Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now