Talk

Advanced search

Mucus in poo TMI alert

(6 Posts)
Spottyladybird Thu 09-Feb-17 18:51:04

Hi all,

DS is 11 weeks, he's EBF and generally content/happy. He feeds about every three hours and is a quick feeder.
Today he fed then pooed, then pooed again about half an hour later. The poo was normal orange/brown colour but was smellier than usual and the second had a big lump of mucus in it. Should I be concerned?
I should mention that I'm dairy free. He's also been chewing his hands lot and is quite dribbly.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 10-Feb-17 12:55:27

I wouldn't be concerned over one day, especially if he's happy. Are you do because of yourself or is he CMPA?

Spottyladybird Fri 10-Feb-17 16:31:08

Thank you, he had another yucky nappy today then back to normal.

I'm df for him, he had awful reflux when he was born so I was advised to try until 12 weeks ish. As soon as I was df he stopped being sick.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 10-Feb-17 17:06:59

As you quite probably know, mucus can be a sign of a reaction. Very occasionally it will be the only symptom I'll have of a reaction. If it persists, you might want to think about trying soya free too.

Mrsp2011 Sat 11-Feb-17 14:17:34

Could he be teething if he's dribbling and hands in is mouth? Our HV says that if they are unwell (in our case a wee cold) teething etc you might see mucus in the nappy.

PoloZolo Sat 11-Feb-17 14:19:31

Have you eaten another food you don't usually eat like egg?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now