Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Will the leaking ever cease?!!

(6 Posts)
SpaceDinosaur Wed 08-Feb-17 04:24:00

BFing my newborn (I think 5 weeks still counts as newborn right?!)

I'm very fortunate that our BFing journey has been pretty good so far. What I can't quite get to grips with is the vast quantity of milk I leak and waste everywhere!

My boobs are HH. I have taken to lining a croptop with 4 breast pads because my boobs are mobile and if my nipple's not on a pad then I will soak through EVERYTHING in my sleep,.. croptop, Pj too, covers and into the duvet or into the mattress protector.
I try REALLY hard not to lay on my front as pressure makes it worse.
My crop top isn't tight.
During the day my let down will soak through my bra, 2 tops and a cardi when I'm feeding on the other side if the pad in my bra has filled up.
I get out the shower and I'm instantly dripping all over my feet
DH and I DTD this eve and there was a milk silhouette of him on the bed after (lights off so I didn't see it happening and he couldn't work out what he was feeling 😂)

Will this continue indefinitely? Is my body going to eventually stop trying to flood the world?!

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 08-Feb-17 10:26:56

Yes it should settle down! I still need breastpads when I'm feeding otherwise I'll soak the other side, but mostly the rest of the time I don't leak anymore.

savagehk Wed 08-Feb-17 10:33:11

Yep, it gets better ;) some people catch leaking milk in ?shells? - wonder if that could work better for you?

NancyJoan Wed 08-Feb-17 10:34:31

It will ease off, but not for a while! The only pads I found that actually worked were the Lansinoh ones. More £££ that others, but oh so worth it.

SerialReJoiner Wed 08-Feb-17 10:37:00

Maybe get some cloth nappies - Terry or prefolds would soak up more than breast pads. Or pop an open disposable nappy in your top overnight. ;)

Does baby struggle with your.letdown?

SpaceDinosaur Wed 08-Feb-17 16:21:56

I'm using the Lansinoh pads, trial and error but they are certainly the best I've tried... changed them twice overnight.

I have shells to use when I'm feeding at home. I easily fill 2 or more if I can empty them into something else sterile in a 15 min feed 🙈

Yes, she has trouble with my let down most of the time. I've seen it when I express, it just spurts out!

Will my body learn to control this? It's insane!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now