Talk

Advanced search

Does BF 1 year old need cows milk as well?

(5 Posts)
LittleSausageFingers Sun 05-Feb-17 20:38:29

As above... DD is almost 1 and breastfed. She's a fussy eater (although I think that's the wrong word as she's only 1... she's just not that into food despite my best efforts, but that's a whole other thread). I can't imagine weaning her off the boob any time soon, and she has between 2 and 4 feeds a day. I'm trying to get her down to just morning and night feeds.

She doesn't seem keen on cows milk so far, I've just offered it from a sippy cup but maybe I should try a bottle. But to be honest, if breastmilk will do instead then that would be much easier for me! So does she need the cows milk?

isupposeitsverynice Sun 05-Feb-17 20:40:56

Nope, not at all

ispymincepie Sun 05-Feb-17 20:41:59

Definitely not 😊

dementedpixie Sun 05-Feb-17 20:42:52

No she doesn't if you are still breastfeeding. Even children having cows milk only need the equivalent of 300mls to get the recommended calcium amount. Other dairy products would also provide the same nutrients e.g. Cheese, yoghurt, etc so they wouldn't need to take it as a drink anyway

LittleSausageFingers Sun 05-Feb-17 20:49:52

Oh good! That suits my lazy nature very nicely grin

I do worry about her getting the recommended amounts of calcium/vitamins, as her diet feels to me quite lacking, although I am offering a lot of variety. But I'm sure she'll get there in her own time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now