Talk

Advanced search

Reflux or just sicky baby?

(5 Posts)
melissa93 Wed 01-Feb-17 12:31:23

Hi everyone

My baby is now almost 4 months. She has always been a sicky baby (as was I!) but I'm always hearing about reflux and worried it could be that.

She eats well, moved on to hungry baby and she does pull away on and off at times and only recently arches her back at times while feeding as if she is full but her teeth are playing up so bad too and sometimes a bit of dentinox eases her back into feeding. She doesn't vomit just possets after every feed usually during a burp! But also just randomly. I'm not worried about being covered in spit up and it doesn't bother her one bit. She sleeps well during the day and 12 hours most nights. She has the odd unsettled cry but I've heard most people with reflux babies suffer from persistent crying fits that you can't seem settle.

So the question is reflux or just a baby that spits up a lot? Any experience/ advice greatly recieved! Thank you!

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 01-Feb-17 17:52:05

It doesn't sound like reflux to me, just a fairly normal amount of vomiting.

FartnissEverbeans Thu 02-Feb-17 06:11:13

My baby has reflux but it doesn't bother him too much, thankfully. Without Zantac he pukes massive amounts though, it was quite scary at first.

I heard that reflux peaks at four months. But if your baby is otherwise ok, gaining weight and isn't too bothered by it maybe it's not worth getting medication?

QuitMoaning Thu 02-Feb-17 06:16:29

If it was reflux you would know and wouldn't need to ask. My son had reflux and used to vomit up huge amounts after every feed. It was hard work and demoralising as I struggled with breastfeeding.

I persevered and he eventually grew out of it when I started weaning him (gravity!)

melissa93 Thu 02-Feb-17 09:35:40

Thanks everyone. It's so hard when they can't tell you what's wrong. She's gsining weight very well! One gp did give us gaviscon but it doesn't make a difference to the sicky-ness! She does seem fine in herself though and is a smiley baby. I was just unsure if it was reflux to change formulas.

Thanks for the advice 😃

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now