Talk

Advanced search

Where would you advise me to get the best nursing bras and not too expensive !!!

(15 Posts)
Summerfruit Mon 26-Feb-07 13:58:32

Message withdrawn

pucca Mon 26-Feb-07 14:26:57

I bought some from M&S, they were fab, measured me properly infact i still wear them now they are so comfortable.

HTH

determination Mon 26-Feb-07 14:42:07

I wear Bravado and they are fantastic, i got mine from Breastfeeding Heaven

goingfor3 Mon 26-Feb-07 14:54:18

Bravado ones are fab. I first opted for the mothercare ones as they were cheaper but they were a complete waste of money. Bravoado are very comfortable.

Jillyadoodledoo Mon 26-Feb-07 14:57:32

M&S for me as well - getting measured was the most important bit for me.

DebitheScot Mon 26-Feb-07 14:59:16

I found M&S good too. Can't remember how much they were but don't think they were very expensive. About the same as Mothercare I think.

Summerfruit Mon 26-Feb-07 15:44:59

Message withdrawn

sniff Mon 26-Feb-07 15:47:14

when you are about to start Breast feeding is better to be measured I thik after 38 weeks is best

I have mothercare ones and to be honest they are not supportive at all

kateyp Mon 26-Feb-07 16:04:18

Had bravado last time and just got a couple more. Comfy and also not "fitted" as such - you choose from a range of sizes. Go to their website and you will see what I mean.

Also some in the sale at the moment (as long as you aren't fussy on colour!) for £16.95 I think (as opposed to £25) AND I ordered mine from their website on an afternoon and they arrived the next day (which was saturday!) And I don't live in london or especially near their warehouse.

So generally very impressed! Their pants are comfy too!

Swizzler Mon 26-Feb-07 16:11:08

I think it depends on your size - I got some M&S bras and they were awful. I'm a 32H at the moment though, so need lots of support.

joolsandoliver Mon 26-Feb-07 21:20:17

M&S - you can get 2 for £25 (one white and one black) or you can get nicer lacier ones for a little more but you would have to ask to look in their catalogue unless you have a huge M&S store nearby.

I got fitted and bought 2 nursing bras at about 34 weeks, as I couldn't breathe anymore in the maternity bras I was wearing. However, once DS arrived and the milk settled down I went up one cup size and down one width fitting so had to get more nursing bras anyway.

Like you I also tried Mothercare but they just didn't fit right so I think it depends on the shape of your boobs as to what fits you best.

My advice would be to use your Mothercare bras to start with and fork out most of your cash about 3-4 weeks after you've had your baby when your boob size is a bit more settled and you can try on in different stores.

Like the sound of the bravado ones though

tinkerbellhadpiles Tue 27-Feb-07 16:56:39

I got some on ebay of all places, brand new, two for £18 and they are great.

Also, my personal tip which everyone looks horrified when I suggest it is: if you have a lot of leakage, get some real nappy liners in soft terry and fold them in half and use them instead of the gigantic circles of traditional pads. Completely invisible and more absorbent too. Also if you drop one when you are out feeding it just looks like a dribble cloth....a houseguest woke up with one welded to his cheek after falling asleep on the sofa - now if that was one of your little round circley things...

SNOWBall4girlz Tue 27-Feb-07 16:59:41

I got some great ones from vertbaudet pretty practical and supportive.

But nearly two years later I find sports bra and a vest top really practical and comfy too.

Dophus Tue 27-Feb-07 17:04:08

I thought MandS. You;ll need a few though as you move throguh the sizes (unbelievably humungous) and shrinking as your supply gets more under control and you lose weight.

Definiely measured. I woudl onlyget a couple for immediately after the baby is born and then get measured from there.

I was disappointed with the NCT ones (over-priced and expensive).

I would also avoid lacey and go for plain cotten - comfier! Recommend Lansinoh or Johnsons breastpads (both shaped and super absorbant)

Summerfruit Tue 27-Feb-07 17:37:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now