Talk

Advanced search

Can I skip feeds at 1yr without risking supply?

(6 Posts)
PetrovaFossil1 Wed 25-Jan-17 03:15:17

Hi,

My DS is 10 months and exclusively BF now, on 3-4 milk feeds a day (usually 3). I go back to work 3 days a week next week so will be expressing once a day when I'm there.

When he turns one do you think I can skip the pumping and just let him have cows milk for the three days I'm out, or would that cause supply issues? I really hate pumping at the best of times and our office is entirely open plan so will have to do it in the bathroom.

ICJump Wed 25-Jan-17 03:22:44

Yeah I would. The first few days you might need to express for your own comfort but you should be fine

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 25-Jan-17 17:05:51

I did that. Mine had cow's milk for the feed when I was at work and I fed them on the days I was home. Never a problem with supply as it will be well established by now smile

Artandco Wed 25-Jan-17 17:07:38

I did. From 9ish months just fed morning and evening, but weekends or days at home might have added day feed randomly

Gardencentregroupie Wed 25-Jan-17 17:08:25

Definitely express some for comfort. I skipped it shortly after going back to work and got a nasty bout of mastitis.

PetrovaFossil1 Wed 25-Jan-17 22:55:02

Thanks everyone! I didn't even think about mastitis this late on so that's good to be aware of

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now