Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Decided to stop sterilising at 7.5months.....is that ok

(5 Posts)
herbgarden Sat 24-Feb-07 08:25:16

I've decided to stop sterilising bottles now. I see that the guidelines say that you should therefore put them in a dishwasher so that they get up to the required temperature. Is this really the case? Can I not just wash them at a high temperature and make sure they're really clean?

Do I still need to boil the water. I've been just using the tap water for the last few days without adverse affect. Why do we boil the water anyway? Presumably to kill of any bacteria?

Many thanks

3sEnough Sat 24-Feb-07 08:28:19

Hi I stopped sterilising every thing NON milk at 6 months - my dc put everything in their mouths at that age in any case! However, if you are making up milk bottles in advance in any way you need to sterilise - i.e. putting in fridge for couple of hours as the milk bugs are so nasty and so common.

WideWebWitch Sat 24-Feb-07 08:28:33

I stopped sterilising once they were crawling - everything's going in their mouths anyway. But I would use extremely hot water/dishwasher.

NbgsYellowFeathers Sat 24-Feb-07 08:34:03

I stopped sterilising over a month ago so ds would have been 4 months.
I really dont see the problem so long as you give them a good wash in hot soapy water.
I've kept the steriliser out with the intention to blast the bottles in it every so often but I still havent done it.

Fillyjonk Sat 24-Feb-07 08:39:25

never sterilised anything for baby #2

but bfding

agree milk bottles made in advance are special case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now